Our vision is to create and support an innovative and sustainable energy future.
Our Sustainability Pillars
We have chosen to align our sustainability activity to four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to help achieve our vision. In doing so we encompass being:
- an employer of choice that embraces diversity and where employees are valued and treated well, ensuring that the attraction and retention of staff does not become an obstacle to running a successful business.
- an ethical, values-based business that recognises our community as a key stakeholder and implements aspects of the strategy to explicitly support the community, particularly those suffering energy hardship.
- a sought after commercial partner, recognised for our network resilience and our innovation in steering the community into the future, embracing new ways of managing the changing energy market while providing customer centric and resilient solutions.
Focus on four United Nations SDGs
We are continuing to measure and report on our progress towards our identified sustainability goals.
Our sustainability programme is being expanded to not only include the reporting of carbon emissions, but to also include wider initiatives for our people, our communities and our network in alignment with these four United Nations SDGs:
- Our People - SDG3, Good Health and Wellbeing.
- Our Community - SDG7, Affordable and Clean Energy.
- Our Network - SDG9, Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure.
- Our Emissions - SDG13, Climate Action.
We are committed to ensuring our governance framework includes a comprehensive approach to sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
We are also a Toitū Carbonreduce certified organisation. This means our greenhouse gas emissions are measured, verified and managed and we encourage staff and contractors to make environmentally responsible decisions every day.
Thinking about reducing your carbon emissions?
Information for industrial business customers about Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) programmes that provide co-funding opportunities for reducing fossil fuel use and improving energy efficiency.
Latest Sustainability News
Sustainability Statement 2022
- Our Communities
WEL Networks Joins International Community for Local Smart Grids (ICLSG)
WEL Networks Launches We.EV – Driving brighter business futures