Temporary to Permanent Connection - Residential

Want to change your temporary residential connection to permanent?

Before starting your application please read WEL’s Network Connection Standard and make sure you have the following details handy:

  • 1

    The site address details and if possible your Lot and/or DP number.

  • 2

    Details of your nominated electricity retailer. 

  • 3

    The name and contact details of your electrical contractor.

  • 4

    The contact details of the property owner.

  • 5

    The contact details of the person responsible for paying for the electrical connection.

  • 6

    Your electrical requirements for a residential connection (number of phases, fuse size, controlled load). If you have it, a site plan should also be provided. Your electrician can provide these details.

Choose an electricity retailer

Visit powerswitch.org.nz