Customer Feedback In-House Complaints Process
WEL Networks offers a free in-house complaints service. Once we've received a formal complaint we'll investigate and endeavour to resolve the problem with you.
If we receive a complaint we will:
- Acknowledge the complaint within two working days, either in writing or orally if over the phone.
- Keep you updated on the progress within the first seven working days if we haven't already resolved your complaint.
- Endeavour to resolve your complaint within 20 working days. If we can't we will provide you with a good reason to extend the investigation by a further 20 working days.
- If your complaint is more appropriately dealt with by another party such as your electricity retailer, we may refer your complaint to that company on your behalf. We will notify you that we have referred your complaint on and provide you with the relevant name and contact details.
You can contact us in any of these ways:
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
- Calling us on 0800 800 935 or (07) 850 3103.
- Writing to us at Customer Feedback, PO Box 925, Hamilton.
Note - If you have energy service or pricing complaints, please direct these to your electricity retailer.
Utilities Disputes Scheme
While we will do our best to resolve your issue:
- You may not be satisfied with how your complaint has been handled; or
- We may not have resolved your complaint within 20 working days; or
- You may not be happy with any proposed resolution or stance.
If so, you may decide to take this matter to Utilities Disputes Ltd (UDL), which is a free and independent service for resolving complaints about utilities providers.